Types of Ergometers
Lode offers several types of ergometers:
- Upright ergometers: these ergometers are the most traditional and widely recognized type of bicycle ergometers. They feature an upright cycling position.
- Recumbent ergometers: these bikes feature a reclined seating position with a backrest, making them more comfortable and suitable for individuals with back or joint issues, elderly or patients who have trouble using an upright ergometer.
- Arm ergometers: the arm ergometer is a valuable alternative to a bicycle ergometer or treadmill for exercise testing. In the arm ergometer stress test, the patient can sit or stand while cranking the arm ergometer.
- Reclining ergometers: Reclining ergometers are designed to provide a low-impact cardiovascular workout that is easy on the joints, making them suitable for individuals with mobility issues or those who prefer a more relaxed exercise position.
- Specials: over the years, Lode had developed various ergometers for special applications
Lode, the standard in Ergometry since 1948
75 years of Lode, a milestone we are proud of!
A history that started in 1948, when Mr. Freerk Lode founded his company Lode’s Instrumenten NV. Shortly thereafter, a patent was filed for an ergometer with eddy current brake and soon the world’s first ergometer was launched. Here is a photo of this special ergometer.
Of course, we have developed further, but we still produce ergometers and nowadays they are worldwide renowned as the gold standard.